Why can’t I just lose weight? What causes me to lose weight unsuccessfully over and over again?
If you are struggled with these questions and don’t know what to do next, continue reading as maybe the hormones are to blame when it comes to your not so successful attempt to lose weight.
Leptin, also known as the“fat hormone” or“obesity hormone”— and also as the “starvation hormone”, is the one responsible for regulation of the weight and energy. It passes the barrier between blood and brain and binds to the receptors in the appetite center of the brain.
This hormone is stimulating the activity of the sympathetic nervous system and it forces the fatty tissues to spend the energy. However, the body may build up resistance to this hormone, and that is actually quite common nowadays. It happens when leptin fails to reach its targets and then it becomes unable to control the appetite.
High leptin levels can make the person less sensitive to it. As a result, the brain fails to follow the signals that it receives, which in turn is leading to poor metabolismandcompulsive eating. Below you have a short list about some of the most common symptoms of leptin resistance:
The Symptoms of Leptin Resistance
- Fatigue after meals
- Frequent snacking after meals
- Late night eating
- Sugar cravings
- Inability to lose excess weight
- High number of triglycerides
- Weight gain
- Stress eating
- Poor motivation
- Uncontrollable cravings
How Can You Reverse Leptin Resistance?
- You need to eliminate processed foods from your diet
- Avoid fats, carbohydrates, high fructose corn syrup
- Replace carbs with proteinand soluble fiber
- Eat more organic, raw and whole foods
- Use krill oil or any other animal- based omega-3 fatty acids
- Include more monounsaturated and saturated fats in your diet, such as those found in nuts, avocados, animal fats, coconut oil, and butter
- Engage in some physical activity because it reverses the leptin resistance and restores the natural balance in the body
- You need to get enough sleep since leptin issues can be also caused by sleepdeficiency / sleep deprivation
You have to remember that you should check your leptin levels on regularly in order to detect and fix any issues on time. You need to approach them naturally, using the tips we just told you!
Remember, overcoming the leptin resistance could be the key to winning the battle against obesity!