The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics claims that the excessive exposure to toxic environmental chemicals might affect the healthy human reproduction.
Numerous other medical groups, doctors, and leading scientistshave expressed similar concerns. All of them came to one conclusion: they can harm the developmentof the brain!
Various items in our homes are filled with harmful chemicals that could accumulate in your tissues and also lead to toxic overload. The worst part is that all these items might also lead to cancer.
We have 7 possible cancer causing household items and products that you have to immediately replace them with organic homemade or traditional products!
It’s considered that the majority of the household products are packed with at least one of the 12 most toxic chemicals, among which parabens, formaldehyde-releasing preservatives,sodium laureth sulfate, and p-phenylenediamine which are known as carcinogensandendocrine disruptors.
When it comes to shampoo the fragrance, cocamide diethanolamine, and colorare definitely the worst offenders. The most horrible part is that these chemicals aren’t present just in the shampoo.
It has been scientifically proven that 1 in 8 of the 82, 000 ingredients that we use in personal care products are toxic chemicals likecarcinogens, pesticides, reproductive toxins, andhormone disruptors.
Although they have names such as “strawberry shortcake” or “summer breeze”, the scented candles are certainly not natural. Actually, most of these candles contain formaldehyde, which is a very harmful chemical that emits toxic fumes when it’s heated.
Moreover, this chemical might cause irritation of the nose, throat, eyes and skin, and also nausea, respiratory distress and even cancer. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use 100% natural beeswax candles.
- Air Fresheners
The air fresheners and perfumes contain fragrance, which uses over 3,000 chemicals in order to create a particular scent.
These harmful chemicals might cause poor immunity, allergies, dermatitis, neurological problems, autoimmune disorders, asthma, eye irritation, miscarriage, infertility, cancer, etc. Instead of these very harmful air fresheners, make your own natural air freshener.
- Shower Curtains
PVC and vinyl are the most popular shower curtains that we use in the bathroom. However, the recent studies show that one of these materials is not that safe.
It has been found out that the PVC shower curtains could release more than 108 Volatile Organic Compounds, among which are 7 that are on the EPA’s list of dangerous air pollutants. So, each time you shower, you breathe in all these harmful compounds.
The excessive exposure to this chemical is related to the damage of the respiratory system, central nervous system, reproductive system, andthe liver. So, it is recommended to buy some organic cotton or hemp curtains. Also, you need to wash and iron them regularly in order to prevent mold.
- Art Supplies
Art supplies such asglue, pen, and permanent markers should not be used by the children. These products might cause breathing problems, nausea, burns, headaches, lung and kidney damage, and even cancer.
As a result of this, many craft products have warning labels which indicate that the products should not be ingested, inhaled, andplaced on the skin. So, make sure that you use products that have AP or CP seal. It means that they are not toxic.
You can also replace the markers with charcoal, or make some homemade glue withflourandwater.
- Insecticides and Pesticides
Besides killing the bugs, these products will slowly poison you and your family as well! These products use neurotoxins such aspyrethroids which imght increase your risk of Parkinson’s disease.
These products are extremely dangerous for children, who are known to be more sensitive to the environmental toxins. They can also cause death and illness to the pets. Therefore, the best thing you can do is to make your own insect repellent.
I probably, you are familiar with the fact that antiperspirants and deodorants contain aluminum in order to keep the armpits dry.
Usage of these products has been associated with breast cancerandthe development of Alzheimer’s. This is because the body has difficulties to expel aluminum, which in turn leads to its accumulation in the tissues of the breastandthe brain.